- Gary was born in South Africa (apparently loosing his accent on the plane ride over) and grew up on the beaches of Durban and Cape Town.
- Outside of the clinic you will most likely find Gary with his wife and two daughters exploring one of Glen Iris or Malvern’s many cafes or parks.
- He also enjoys hitting the slopes of Mt. Buller or Hotham – when the time and conditions allow for it.
- Graduated from RMIT University in 2003 – completing a double degree in Applied Science and Osteopathic Science.
- lecturing at both RMIT and Victoria Universities in the Osteopathic departments.
- Worked for various touring sporting teams including; the New Zealand All Blacks during the 2003 Rugby World Cup, International Irish AFL team and the South African Southern Kings Super Rugby side. As well as working closely with various local AFL and State league hockey teams.
With 15 years experience in private practice, Gary has seen a vast number of conditions and injuries and is extremely confident in treating all areas of the body.
This being said, he does have a special interest in treating
- Back and neck pain.
- Lower back and hip pain.
In the last few years, he has really enjoyed working with clients with long term tendon injuries that have failed to respond to other conservative treatment approaches. A combination of Osteopathic hands on treatment in conjunction with Shockwave Therapy has seen his clients once again be able to enjoy an active lifestyle, pain free.
I love the idea of living and working in the same area. It allows me the opportunity to really get to know the local community and engage both as a professional as well as local resident. Walking to work is an added bonus, I don’t have to fight Melbourne’s traffic either!!
- Bachelor Osteopathic Science (Osteopathy) – RMIT University B.Sc (Osteo)
- Bachelor Applied Sciences (Osteopathy) – RMIT University B.App.Sc. (Clin. Sc)
- Dry Needling
- ShockWave Therapy