Neck Pain & Injury Treatment
ARE YOU CONSTANTLY WAKING WITH NECK PAIN?
Common Conditions associated with Neck Pain:
Wry Neck or Torticollis
Whiplash or Disc Injury
Pinched Nerve or Disc Prolapse
Joint Sprain or Chronic Neck Pain
Pain or Pins and Needles feelings in your hands or arms
Neck Muscle Spasm or Muscle Strains
Headaches or Migraines
Acute or sudden onset of neck pain is.. exactly that… A PAIN IN THE NECK. Just about all of us have experienced it at some point. Which means we all know how debilitating and frustrating it can be. Waking up, should be a refreshing time of your day, instead you are left with a neck that wont turn, maybe a headache and some sharp pain.
Let us help you. You’ve got nothing to loose…. exept your neck pain!
Don’t become a statistic. It’s time to pick up the phone and ask us for help.
We Are Not Just About Getting Rid Of Your Pain. We Are About Improving Your Life!
Your journey to better health and wellbeing starts with you making the decision to get help and that help is the Osteopaths, right here in Glen Iris at Equilibrium Sports and Spinal Clinic. So pick up the phone and call reception or click the BOOK ONLINE button for our simple online booking platform – it takes no more than 90 seconds.
ARE YOU CONSTANTLY TAKING PAIN MEDICATION?
When you know what time it is because your neck pain tells you it’s time for more pain medication, it’s time to look for a better solution. Masking your pain with anti inflammatories, ibuprofen and Panadol is not a solution – it’s a band aid.
NOT GETTING LASING RESULTS?
As Osteopath’s we often see patients who have tried other modalities. Unfortunately when the substandard recipe and substandard treatment is applied to all people, that’s exactly what you get, substandard results!!
+ Our Osteopaths take the time to get to know you.
+ We allocate our full undivided attention to you.
+ We assess, diagnose, and implement a treatments specific to you
+ We strive for long lasting results, not just symptomatic relief.
WHERE IS YOUR NECK PAIN COMING FROM?
- Disc Injuries
- Sleeping Position – Tummy sleepers are more prone to Neck Pain
- Excessive use of Smartphone, Tablet or Laptop
- Poor Posture
- Trauma – Such as whiplash
- Osteoarthritis / Rheumatoid Arthrititis
- And MANY MANY other factors.
We ensure you are given a diagnosis you understand, with a clear treatment pathway to your better health and wellbeing.
Appointments Available Today
BOOK ONLINE IN UNDER 3 MINUTES
Want More Information About Your Neck Pain?
Neck Pain Statistics:
The chance that you will have neck pain at some point over your lifetime is nearly 50% (1)
The majority of people, an acute episode of neck pain will resolve in approximately 6-8 weeks with conservative management but chronic neck pain persists in 10-34% of people (2, 3)
a Wry neck or acute Torticolis as painful as it is, can resolve fully without ongoing pain or problems.
In rare cases neck pain can be related to, and a sign of very serious medical conditions. Brain Haemorrhage, heart attacks meningitis can all be linked to neck pain. Another great reason we spend time getting to know you and your neck pain.
Where Can My Neck Pain Be Coming From?
First, we need to understand that our neck is a highly mobile area, and hence can be very susceptible to injury. Some of the more common structures in your neck that can cause your pain are:
- The small joints known as “Facet joints”
- The spinal muscles that support and move our neck.
- Nerves and Discs in our neck.
- Referred pain from the upper back or shoulder complex.
The above is by no means a full list, but are, what we see as the most common area’s that cause neck pain. We also add in trauma – like a car accident which can result in Whiplash. This is a more serious cause and can result in damage to all of the above structures.
What Can Contribute To My Neck Pain?
In short, it can be a multiple of different things. As Osteopaths we like to look at you from a holistic point. This means we look at all aspects of your life that may be contributing to your neck pain: these may include:
- Your posture work, car or couch.
- The Time you spend in front of a device –
- Your Pillow and Mattress.
- The technique with lifting weights, or even your children!
- Your neck position while on your phone or tablet
- Your hydration
- Your activity levels
These aspects of your life can all lead to you developing sudden acute neck pain. It’s also the reason we always take an in-depth look at YOU, assessing all aspects of your life and lifestyle when treating your neck pain.
What Can I Do To Help Myself?
- Ensuring your desk and work is ergonomically set up for you. ( Feel free to email us and we can send you a very informative flyer which outlines exactly how to do this)
- Ensuring your pillow is giving you adequate support at night.
- Ensure you are well hydrated.
- Ensure correct lifting technique at the gym or exercise class – and where possible with your children.
- Stretch. As per the video below here are 2 great stretches you can do easily while seated at your desk or at home.
How Long Will My Neck Pain Last?
This is the multi-million dollar question. Everyone is different. Everyone heals at a different rates. And everyone has different thresholds of pain. But generally speaking with some hands on Osteopathic treatment such as specifically targeted soft tissue work, gentle manipulation (where indicated and always with your consent) and neck mobilisation, and possibly some supportive tape. We can help improve your limited movement and reduce your pain. We often see our patients feel much better within 5-7 days. After this we can start to develop long lasting strategies, such as strengthening exercises and postural awareness exercises to help reduce the likelihood of a re-occurrence.
- The Burden and Determinants of Neck Pain in the General Population: Results of the Bone and Joint Decade 2000–2010 Task Force on Neck Pain and Its Associated Disorders. Eur Spine J. 2008 April; 17(Suppl 1): 39–51
- . P. D. Aker, A. R. Gross, C. H. Goldsmith, and P. Peloso. Conservative management of mechanical neck pain: systematic overview and meta-analysis. BMJ. 1996 November 23; 313(7068): 1291–1296. 4. Mehanical Neck Pain and Cervicogenic Headache. Neurosurgery 2007: 60:S1-21–S1-27
Let the team at Equilibrium Sports and Spinal Clinic guide you back to doing the things you love!
A comprehensive case history is taken. This helps to identify the specific cause of your pain or injury allowing your therapist to establish a diagnosis. From here a treatment and management plan will be implemented, aways ensuring you are an active participant in your recovery and fully understand the treatment goals and objectives.
A hands on treatment session, targeting your pain and injury. In a majority of cases you will experience a reduction in pain and intensity of your symptoms following this treatment session.
We don’t believe in providing you with a “recipe” for your injury management. We devote 100% of your treatment time to you only ever treating one person at a time. You are unique, just like your injury and therefore require techniques and a management plan that is specific to you.
The Osteopath’s at Equilibrium Sports and Spinal Clinic in Glen Iris are highly trained to identify the main cause of your back pain and implement a specific and effective treatment programme to get you back on your feet quicker. Simply call (03) 9822 1900 or click here to book an appointment.