Home > Conditions we treat
Neck Pain & Injury
Are You Tired and Frustrated With Your Neck Pain?
Acute or sudden onset of neck pain is.. exactly that… A PAIN IN THE NECK.
We understand how debilitating and frustrating it can be. Waking up should be a refreshing time of your day. But instead, you are left with a neck that won’t turn, sharp pain, and often a headache!
Manage Your Neck Pain with Equilibrium
- Wry Neck or Torticollis
- Whiplash or Disc Injury
- Pinched Nerve or Disc Prolapse
- Joint Sprain or Chronic Neck Pain
- Pain or Pins and Needles feelings in your hands or arms
- Neck Muscle Spasm or Muscle Strains
- Headaches or Migraines
How Osteopathy can help with Neck pain?
Looking for relief from neck pain?
We may have the solution for you. Our skilled practitioners can help you find relief and get you back to your everyday life.
More Information About Your Neck Pain
Regardless of age and gender, unfortunately, approximately 80% of the population will experience Back Pain at some point in their lives.
The chance that you will have neck pain at some point over your lifetime is nearly 50% (1)
The majority of people, an acute episode of pain will resolve in approximately 6-8 weeks with conservative management. Chronic pain can persist in 10-34% of people (2, 3)
A Wryneck or acute Torticolis will almost always fully resolve with treatment. That is no long term problems.
In rare cases, neck pain can be a sign or related to a serious medical condition. Such as Brain Haemorrhage, Heart attacks or Meningitis. Just another reason we take the time to fully investigate your condition.
- The Burden And Determinants Of Neck Pain In The General Population: Results Of The Bone And Joint Decade 2000–2010 Task Force On Neck Pain And Its Associated Disorders. Eur Spine J. 2008 April; 17(Suppl 1): 39–51
- . P. D. Aker, A. R. Gross, C. H. Goldsmith, And P. Peloso. Conservative Management Of Mechanical Neck Pain: Systematic Overview And Meta-Analysis. BMJ. 1996 November 23; 313(7068): 1291–1296. 4. Mehanical Neck Pain And Cervicogenic Headache. Neurosurgery 2007: 60:S1-21–S1-27
What can you do about Neck pain?
Let the Equilibrium Sports and Spinal Clinic team guide you back to doing the things you love!
The Osteopath’s at Equilibrium Sports and Spinal Clinic in Glen Iris are highly trained to identify the leading cause of your neck pain and implement a specific and effective treatment programme to get you back on your feet quicker. Simply call (03) 9822 1900 or book an appointment below.
At Equilibrium Sports and Spinal Clinic:
We don’t believe in providing you with a “recipe” for your injury management. You are unique, just like your injury and therefore require techniques and a management plan that is specific to you.
Health Articles About Neck Pain
Neck pain is frequently caused by poor sitting or working positions, which strain the joints
Don’t Put Up With Your Pain Longer Than You Need To
Reach out today, and let the Osteopaths at Equilibrium Sports and Spinal Clinic help you!