Back Pain & Injury Treatment
IS BACK PAIN SLOWING YOU DOWN?
Common Back Pain Conditions We Treat:
Chronic Back Pain
Low Back And Upper Back Pain
Back Muscle Sprain and Strains
“Slipped Disc” – Disc Prolapse. Disc Buldge. Disc Herniation
Spondylosis. Spondylolisthesis, Spinal Stenosis, Sacro-Iliac Joint (SIJ) Dysfunction
There is more to back pain than just physical symptoms. Sometimes back pain can be a sympathetic response to disease or disfunction elsewhere in the body and if left untreated can cause serious health problems. Pain can interfere with sleep and may even lead to depression*
Don’t become a statistic. It’s time to pick up the phone and ask us for help.
We Are Not Just About Getting Rid Of Your Pain. We Are About Improving Your Life!
Your journey to better health and wellbeing starts with you making the decision to get help and that help is the Osteopaths, right here in Glen Iris at Equilibrium Sports and Spinal Clinic. So pick up the phone and call reception or click the BOOK ONLINE button for our simple online booking platform – it takes no more than 90 seconds.
ARE YOU CONSTANTLY TAKING BACK PAIN MEDICATION?
When you know what time it is because your back pain tells you it’s time for more pain medication, it’s time to look for a better solution. Masking your pain with anti inflammatories, ibuprofen and Panadol is not a solution – it’s a band aid.
NOT GETTING LASING RESULTS?
As Osteopath’s we often see patients who have tried other modalities. Unfortunately when the substandard recipe and substandard treatment is applied to all people, that’s exactly what you get, substandard results!!
+ Our Osteopaths take the time to get to know you.
+ We allocate our full undivided attention to you.
+ We assess, diagnose, and implement a treatments specific to you
+ We strive for long lasting results, not just symptomatic relief.
WHERE IS YOUR BACK PAIN COMING FROM?
Have you been given a diagnosis you don’t understand? Or worse yet, not been given a diagnosis at all.
- We pride ourselves on finding the cause of your back pain.
- We ensure you fully understand your condition, in words you can understand.
- We will outline a specific treatment and management plan that is as unique as you are.
Back pain is debilitating! Don’t suffer any longer book a treatment.
Appointments Available Today
BOOK ONLINE IN UNDER 3 MINUTES
Want More Information About Your Back Pain?
Unfortunately regardless of age and gender, approximately 80% of the population will experience back pain at some point in their lives.
Where Can My Back Pain Be Coming From?
- Spinal Disc’s – Often INCORRECTLY referred to as a “slipped disc” Note – THESE DO NOT SLIP – but rather bulge outwards. ,Irritating other structures such as spinal nerves. This problem CAN heal – it takes time, correct diagnosis and effective treatment and exercise.
- Facet Joint – The medical term for a spinal joint -these are responsible for all our movement. Irritation to the capsule, ligaments or cartilage can result in pain and restriction.
- Muscle, Ligament or Tendon: A Sprain, strains, spasm and tear can all result in back pain.
- Degenerative joint and/or disc disease – often referred to as Spondylosis, which describes age-related wear and tear of the spinal joints and/or discs
- Sacroiliac joint (SIJ) dysfunction – A big strong joint between your hip and sacrum. Just like any other joint – this can become inflamed , stiff and cause pain. Often aggravated by sit to stand movements
- Spondylolisthesis – slipping forward or backward of one lumbar vertebrae on another
- Spinal stenosis – A narrowing of the space within the spine – usually as a result of degeneration and can impact the spinal nerves.
- OTHER: these are just a few of the causes, Our complex bodies can be quite complicated. Which is why we dedicate so long to our history and assessment. We want to find YOUR cause and establish a treatment and management plan that is as unique as you are.
What Can Cause Back Pain?
The short answer is everything and anything. Sometimes it is a slow build up and NOT the fact you bent over to pick up a pen or sneezed. This is more just the straw that broke the camel back! But here is a list to consider:
- Heavy lifting with poor technique – Gym – Garden – moving house!
- Muscle weakness
- Poor sleeping posture
- Poor flexibility
- Compensation Patterns
- Prolonged sitting, standing or lying
- Hormones – Such as during the menstrual cycle.
- Playing Sports – impact trauma – Fracture
- Poor footwear
- Referral – Hip, knee , lower limb, upper back
What can YOU do, to help your back pain:
- MOVE: staying sedentary will just prolong your pain.
- Participate in light exercise – walk , swim cycle
- Maintain your hydration levels
- Wear good quality supportive footwear.
- Change position regularly – DON’T wait for pain to alert you to move.
- Ergonomics – Your works station, car and bed (sleeping posture) – assess the places where you spend most of your time – and ensure your posture is sound.
- Get STRONG – having good muscular support will always be of benefit.
- Seek early intervention. Don’t just think it will go away, Get the CAUSE treated – with long term strategies to prevent reoccurrence .
- Ease into Physical activity – i.e. Gardening after winter, cleaning the house or your gym program = Allow your body to adapt
Let the team at Equilibrium Sports and Spinal Clinic guide you back to doing the things you love!
A comprehensive case history is taken. This helps to identify the specific cause of your pain or injury allowing your therapist to establish a diagnosis. From here a treatment and management plan will be implemented, aways ensuring you are an active participant in your recovery and fully understand the treatment goals and objectives.
A hands on treatment session, targeting your pain and injury. In a majority of cases you will experience a reduction in pain and intensity of your symptoms following this treatment session.
We don’t believe in providing you with a “recipe” for your injury management. We devote 100% of your treatment time to you only ever treating one person at a time. You are unique, just like your injury and therefore require techniques and a management plan that is specific to you.
The Osteopath’s at Equilibrium Sports and Spinal Clinic in Glen Iris are highly trained to identify the main cause of your back pain and implement a specific and effective treatment programme to get you back on your feet quicker. Simply call (03) 9822 1900 or click here to book an appointment.