- Start by kneeling on your hands and knees.
- Release your toes on the floor and separate your knees about hip width apart.
- As you exhale, slowly lower your buttocks towards your heels feeling the tailbone lengthen away from the back of your pelvis.
- As your torso folds over your thighs, lengthen the back of your neck before your forehead rests on the floor.
- Reach arms forward, about shoulder width apart, with your head resting on floor. Your neck should be relaxed, and your buttocks resting on your heels
MODIFICATION: – Lay your arms by the thighs with palms facing up and feel how the weight of your shoulders lightly spreads the shoulder blades.
- Take several slow breaths into the belly and lower your back as you rest here.
- Gently, bring the torso back upwards, rest for 5 seconds and repeat from step 1.
- Gently stretches your lower back, hips, thighs, knees, and ankles
- Relaxes you spine, shoulders, and neck
- Increases blood circulation to your head which reduces headaches
- Calms the mind (central nervous system) thus helping relieve stress and tension